Open calls for a designer — ahem, SENIOR designer — don’t happen very often around here, but today is your lucky day! Our design team is small, super talented, and fun to work with. As amazing as they are, it’s time to extend the family. A Senior Designer collaborates directly with clients and project teams to understand client objectives and develop creative, functional, and beautiful experiences. It might be a game or a mobile app or VR experience. It probably won’t be a brochure.
You should be ready to jump into different projects at all stages, from brainstorming games and campaigns to crafting pitch decks to getting down and dirty and cranking out UIs for VR. And you should be passionate about it all. There’s opportunity for greatness but no room for ego. We succeed as a team and fail as a team. Just kidding, we don’t fail. You’ll need to know how to multi-task and shouldn’t be afraid of responsibility. You’ll be well supported, but we expect a lot from our team members… so come to play!
What we’d like to see
- A strong (let’s say 3-5 years) history of visual design experience, in some professional/agency environment, doing REAL client work for recognized brands. Photoshop and Illustrator should be the most worn out icons on your desktop.
- A great attitude and no ego. Prima Donnas can stick to the stage. Confidence with a dash of humility will get you far.
- Passion – specifically for gaming and interactive experiences, but also life in general doesn’t hurt either.
- A thinker. We need doers, but we love thinkers. We want people who can come up with creative, sound ideas and then execute them in beautiful and sometimes surprising ways.
- Attention to detail. That means you care about typography, filenames, layer organization, and every last f’n screen of the experience.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills. You need to ‘own’ it, but respect and work with the ideas of your peers and clients.
- A grown up. Most of us already have babies at home so we don’t need any in the office. You’ll be expected to be punctual and manage your time, tasks, and responsibilities accordingly.
- A decent human being. Be respectful of your coworkers, your clients, the space, the gear, etc. This is a one-warning kind of thing.
- Variety. One-trick ponies are great for the circus. We love designers who can wireframe and prototype and show range and versatility in design style and aesthetics.
- A local. Telecommuting is great but not for this job. There’s a chair in our Ottawa office you’ll be expected to fill.
Who we are
We’re a digital services and content studio that works with leading global brands to create experiences that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We make mobile games for kids TV shows, dream up interactive experiences for Hollywood blockbusters, help startups launch their products, and develop original IP — like the award-winning interactive storybook, Weirdwood Manor. We pride ourselves on delivering big agency results without the ego.
Want to be part of the team?
Check out our current openings