We are looking for an Intermediate to Senior Unity Game Developer who can help turn great ideas in to highly engaging gaming experiences working in collaboration with some of the most talented developers, creatives, and product people in the industry.
You will be involved in various aspects of product development from concept through to launch, including: game design, coding, mechanics, animation, prototyping, asset management, testing, and debugging.
Additionally, you will contribute ideas and direction to development frameworks, practices, and automation tools that might lead to improved efficiencies and elevated standards of quality.
You should be ready to jump into different projects at all stages, from brainstorming products to working your way through your own sprints, and as applicable, supporting colleagues in their tasks as the subject matter expert.
You’ll work under the direction of the Associate Technical Director and other senior staff, but you’ll be looked upon to provide leadership and mentorship where you can.
You may assist in code and performance reviews in order to share insight and knowledge with the larger team, as well as to promote organizational advancement.
And you should relish it all. There’s opportunity for greatness, but no room for ego. We succeed as a team and we fail as a team. Just kidding, we don’t fail. We do make bad puns though.
You’ll need to know how to multi-task and you shouldn’t be afraid of responsibility. You’ll be well supported, but we expect a lot from our team members… so come to play!
It comes down to this: You will be collaborating with talented project teams to translate client objectives into creative, memorable, and beautiful games for some of the biggest brands in the world.
What we’d like to see
- A strong history (5+ years or more) of Unity game development in a professional or agency environment, doing original work for recognized brands in the digital space
- High to expert-level knowledge and experience working in Unity, with the ability to bring the most progressive and innovative approaches in digital interaction to life in an elegant and polished user experience.
- Strong motivation to create user experiences which delight, captivate, and keep the attention of end users — beyond initial play.
- Team mentality — someone who will work WITH the design and product teams to execute a shared vision.
- Attention to detail – good enough is never good enough.
- Passion – you should be a gamer and appreciate games for how they play and how they’re built.
- A thinker. We need doers… but we love THINKERS. We want people who can come up with creative, sound ideas and then execute them in beautiful and sometimes surprising ways.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills. You need to ‘own’ it but also respect and work with the ideas of your peers and clients.
- A local. Telecommuting is great but not for this job. There’s a seat for you in Ottawa or Toronto. Your choice.
- A keeper — we’d prefer someone looking to settle down, but we’ll consider qualified contractors and freelancers too.
- Surprise — got something extra to bring to the table or have a hidden talent? Tell us what makes you unique.
Who we are
We’re a digital services and content studio that works with leading global brands to create experiences that thrill, delight, and disrupt. We make mobile games for kids TV shows, dream up interactive experiences for Hollywood blockbusters, help startups launch their products, and develop original IP — like the award-winning interactive storybook, Weirdwood Manor. We pride ourselves on delivering big agency results without the ego.
Want to be part of the team?
Check out our current openings